REGULAR PUBLIC MEETING OF THE ELOY FIRE DISTRICT BOARD
NOVEMBER 14, 2022
- Call to order and confirmation of quorum. A meeting of the Board was called to order by Board Chairperson Belinda Akes at the Eloy Fire District Administration office, located at 4010 N. Toltec Road, Eloy, Arizona at 1800 hours on Monday, November 14, 2022. A quorum was confirmed with three members present: Tom Cortez, Luis Ybarra, and Belinda Akes. Board members Tom Cortez and Luis Ybarra attended remotely.
- Pledge of allegiance. Board Chair Belinda Akes led the pledge of allegiance.
- Call to the Public: No members of the public addressed the board.
- Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of the regular district meeting on October 10, 2022.
- B. Financial Statements.
- C. Approval of Warrants.
- Fire Chief Kelly Weddle reviewed the receipts for October and provided a summary of the financial position of the District. The Board reviewed the Minutes, Financial Statements, and Warrant List. MOTION made by Tom Cortez to approve the Consent Agenda Items A, B, and C. SECONDED by Luis Ybarra. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Ybarra, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Executive Session
- A. Review, discussion and possible action on raising the accounting capitalization value. The board discussed dollar amount thresholds for capitalization and depreciation. MOTION made by Luis Ybarra to raise the capitalization value to $10,000. SECONDED by Tom Cortez. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Ybarra, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Reports and Correspondence
- A. Division Chief Report. Division Chief’s monthly report was given by Chief Weddle.
- B. Fire Chief Report. Fire Chief Kelly Weddle presented his monthly report.
- Future Agenda Items: None.
- Adjournment. MOTION made by Tom Cortez to adjourn. SECONDED by Luis Ybarra. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Ybarra, and Cortez; 0 Nays). Chairperson Akes adjourned the meeting at 1822 hours.