REGULAR PUBLIC MEETING OF THE ELOY FIRE DISTRICT BOARD
JANUARY 9, 2023
- Call to order and confirmation of quorum. A meeting of the Board was called to order by Board Chairperson Belinda Akes at the Eloy Fire District Administration office, located at 4010 N. Toltec Road, Eloy, Arizona at 1801 hours on Monday, January 9, 2023. A quorum was confirmed with three members present: Tom Cortez, Edward Sauceda, and Belinda Akes. Board members Tom Cortez and Edward Sauceda attended remotely.
- Pledge of allegiance. Board Chair Belinda Akes led the pledge of allegiance.
- Call to the Public: No members of the public addressed the board.
- Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of the regular district meeting on December 12, 2022.
- B. Financial Statements.
- C. Approval of Warrants.
- Fire Chief Kelly Weddle noted the status of the District finances as of the half-way point of the fiscal year. The Board reviewed the Minutes, Financial Statements, and Warrant List. MOTION made by Edward Sauceda to approve the Consent Agenda Items A, B, and C. SECONDED by Tom Cortez. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Sauceda, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Executive Session
- A. Review, discussion and possible action on election of District Board Chairperson. MOTION made by Edward Sauceda to elect Belinda Akes to serve as Chairperson. SECONDED by Tom Cortez. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Sauceda, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- B. Review, discussion and possible action on election of District Board Clerk. Motion made by Edward Sauceda to elect Toni Lorona Carlson to serve as Board Clerk. SECONDED by Tom Cortez. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Sauceda, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Reports and Correspondence
- A. Division Chief Report. Division Chief’s monthly report was given by Chief Weddle.
- B. Fire Chief Report. Fire Chief Kelly Weddle presented his monthly report.
- Future Agenda Items: Budget planning will be on future agendas.
- Adjournment. MOTION made by Tom Cortez to adjourn. SECONDED by Edward Sauceda. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Akes, Sauceda, and Cortez; 0 Nays). Chairperson Akes adjourned the meeting at 1817 hours.