REGULAR PUBLIC MEETING OF THE ELOY FIRE DISTRICT BOARD
FEBRUARY 13, 2023
- Call to order and confirmation of quorum. A meeting of the Board was called to order by Board Clerk Toni Lorona Carlson at the Eloy Fire District Administration office, located at 4010 N. Toltec Road, Eloy, Arizona at 1806 hours on Monday, February 13, 2023. A quorum was confirmed with three members present: Tom Cortez, Luis Ybarra, and Toni Lorona Carlson. Board members Tom Cortez and Luis Ybarra attended remotely.
- Pledge of allegiance. Board Clerk Toni Lorona Carlson led the pledge of allegiance.
- Call to the Public: No members of the public addressed the board.
- Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of the regular district meeting on January 9, 2023.
- B. Financial Statements.
- C. Approval of Warrants.
- Fire Chief Kelly Weddle noted the status of the District finances as of the end of January. He also noted that wage expenses will increase in March due to Haz-Tech class coverage needs. In addition, the grant revenue for the AFG grant is expected soon for the SCBAs. The Board reviewed the Minutes, Financial Statements, and Warrant List. MOTION made by Tom Cortez to approve the Consent Agenda Items A, B, and C. SECONDED by Luis Ybarra. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Lorona Carlson, Ybarra, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Executive Session
- A. A. Review, discussion and possible action on call for bids for the District Liability Insurance. MOTION made by Toni Lorona Carlson to table this item. SECONDED by Tom Cortez. MOTION PASSED (3 Ayes: Lorona Carlson, Ybarra, and Cortez; 0 Nays).
- Reports and Correspondence
- A. Division Chief Report. Division Chief’s monthly report was given by Chief Weddle.
- B. Fire Chief Report. Fire Chief Kelly Weddle presented his monthly report.
- Future Agenda Items: Budget planning will be on future agendas; the Auditor Report to the board is scheduled for the March meeting.
- Adjournment. Board Clerk Toni Lorona Carlson adjourned the meeting at 1827 hours.